Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #11
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbowker View Post
Nothing unique to Canterbury. At any meet where people have to ship a long way to their next spot, every horse that can run will get entered if they aren't being held for a specific race at the next destination.

It's also why you see a few long priced winners in the last couple of weeks of a meet. One of the best betting angles I ever saw was playing any long priced horse that Tom Greer rode in the last two weeks at Ak-Sar-Ben. He was always good for several $60+ winners, and often had one pay over $100.

There is a term for it called "getting shipping money" ...

I only worked in the racing office at Canterbury for Doug Schoepf (1995-2000). He was great at writing to the horses on the backside, and we consistently had one of the higher field sizes in the country at the time. He was a great boss, and we had a great staff of officials. Did two tours at Canterbury, and it's still one of my favorite tracks.
Alan Hill used to bring in some big prices at Aksarben also
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)