Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #17
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
When you're in a partnership, and each partner has their own silks, how do you go about determining which silks the rider will wear. I noticed a horse that wore one set in it's first race, and then a different set in it's second race, and I'm wondering if their choice of silks in race 3 might have any meaning between them.

Thanks in advance.
With partnerships becoming more increasingly common lately you're starting to see silks rotation more often on big name horses. I know of several situations where the owners just decide to rotate every other race, usually don't think there's much to read into it. This has been going on for a long time, bring up a picture of Timber Country winning the Juvenile & then the Preakness back over 20 years ago for one that comes to mind.

This all seems like a trivial matter to most of us, but tell that to Simon Callaghan after he had Abel Tasman taken away from his stable last year.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)