Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #29
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
While I've attended a lot of games as a "visiting" fan, I will say it just isn't the same as supporting your team at home. For one, I don't go to antagonize other fans so I stay quiet for the most part. For two, there is just something about celebrating a big win with your team's fans.

At Thunder games, we get a few Lakers/Lebron/Spurs/Mavs fans that act like jerks, but not too many, and they mostly get ignored. If they cross the line, they get tossed. I like it that way.
No doubt that celebrating a huge win with 99.9% home fans is a much better entertainment experience....can create for some memorable times.

I'm just like you, if i'm rooting for a road team i'm quiet, i don't wear "colors" and i don't make a scene, i respect the home fans and respect that they don't want someone there rooting against them in their barn. I don't know what people get out of wearing road jerseys and getting in the faces of the home fans and starting fights and arguments, but, i guess that's how the sports leagues want it, they want altercations because there has been nothing really done to stop them.

The guy who got seriously injured at the Dodger game was wearing Giants gear, i don't know if that was any factor with him getting "jumped" but it might have been. I think wearing colors to a "hostile" environment is just inviting trouble, nothing good can ever come from it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)