Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by arno
I visited Seattle for first time last month.
Went to Mariners game last Friday of the season.
It was fan appreciation night and the Mariners were still alive in
the playoff hunt.
There were more fans wearing Seahawks jerseys than Mariner jerseys.
Only 27,000 attended yet went to U of Washington football game and they had full house against Georiga State.
I blame the local media for this.
The newspaper and local TV stations do not cover baseball like they do football.
Forget hockey and basketball it is non issue in Seattle.
Didn't see any Emerald Downs t shirts either.

Just surprised as I grew up in NYC where the 4 major sports were covered.
Baseball is getting a dose of what racing has been going through. The games are too long and slow. The games are not great TV. There are not many stars or HR hitters.....or many good hitters at all with the drugs weeded out. Attendance and ratings have nosed dived....it took me 20 minutes to find a game last week because it was on one of the "auxiliary" sports channels.....and we are talking playoffs. Baseball may be hurting in the future if things don't change. Which is a shame.

Football may take a small dip too soon.......too many penalties and people are bitching about that too. I know several people that already gave up watching it. Every freakin play you have to look around for a flag and sometimes it is 5 to 10 seconds late....calling back TD's.....ticky tack and then other blatant non calls. I think they took consistency lessons from the stewards. I have to agree, its getting bad. Defensive holding is a "catch all" for whatever. Plus, you can tell the announcers were told to play along by most of their comments but if you listen to sports radio, many ex players are saying the same thing I did.

Last edited by burnsy; 10-14-2014 at 05:54 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)