Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #23
metro

The DRF used to have a lot more info too, more than just the "guts" as my buddies and I called it. One thing they included back then were stake nominations for the different tracks, i know that you can often still find them on some of the websites of tracks today but many of them don't provide them or they put them out late rather than when the stake closes.

Hit an $8K pick 6 at Churchill one time thanks to including in the sequence a filly named Topsa that was first time turf but was nominated for a stake on the turf later in the meet. She "only" paid $18 dollars or so but it often only took one price horse on Churchill cards back then to take down a nice multi-wager bet. She was the one that day.

DRF included workouts back then too, often misspelled. It wasn't like betting, it was like going to an ATM! Clairewithaflare in the pps spelled Clarewithaflare in the works was my favorite. She paid more than $18.

Last edited by metro; 03-14-2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: punctuation
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)