Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 07:27 AM   #3
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62 View Post
I have often seen horses claimed for a lot and dropped down quickly , with no takers , but i'm always surprised that there isnt even a nibble . Every track has many owners and trainers that claim mid odds horses , though most are low - off - odds claims . Today in race 10 at oaklawn , therideofalifetime was in a starter $12.5 race. On march 16, 2023 , the flurry racing stable ( they use more than one trainer , i believe ) claimed him for FIFTY THOUSAND from bret calhoun. They ran him may 13, 2023 for SEVEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED with not a single taker , at off odds of 3-10. How bad could he have been , condition wise ? He passed a vet exam (right ? ) . In the race prior to the 7500 claimer that 'ride won wire to wire by 10 , an 0 for 9 maiden with one career board finish (in her last , also a 5000 mc in which she went off at 38-1 ) and which was 0 for 5 in maiden claimers of between mc7500 and mc12500 at odds between 31-1 and 65-1 WAS claimed . My question isnt about off odds of claims, btw . My question--------- is it possible to get an entire racetrack to agree not to claim / reclaim a horse ?
The answer to your question is No.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)