Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #1541
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Stating truth is not blaming anyone. Actor believes life is an accident, man has no irrevocable rights, and life has no purpose. Of course philosophy has its version of purposeless life too. So what.

You live in a nation founded by these slave holders, which is not true for all the founding Fathers, based on the idea that man has a Creator. An intelligent Creator who endowed men with irrevocable rights and gave the citizens and residents of this nation the ability to practice freedom of worship to the Creator you believe in. Damn right I am proud of the founding Fathers and what they accomplished. They were men, with faults, but they founded a great nation, with the potential to always be great.

I was taught evolution and I attended Catholic schools. Evolution does not mean life is an accident.

No I don't see religion as a big hypocrisy. Men are fallible and we fail and yes the Church is full of hypocrites, and there is always room for one more. My religion is about transcendence, from imperfection through love, so we can share in the Divine nature.
I've read many of your posts, SMTW...but you still remain a mystery to me. Boxcar's and Actor's position I understand, even if I disagree with it...because they fully explain it, and defend it vigorously. You, on the other hand...like to talk out of both sides of your mouth. You appear to think that "evolution" could somehow fit within the "Christian doctrine".

"Evolution does not mean that life is an accident", you say...as if that's the KEY POINT that the "atheists" make when referencing "evolution". Does "evolution" lend support to the notion of a "Christian God"...and, if not...then, why make the point that "Evolution does not mean life is an accident"?

Stop been overly "worldly"...and choose a side in these arguments. If you are a "Christian"...then you embrace "creationism" and you denounce "evolution". There is no "middle ground" in Christianity. A Christian cannot serve "two masters".

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-11-2017 at 06:14 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)