Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Gun Runner
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #29
Grits

On Gunrunner and on Hall Of Fame nomination.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...or-partnership

Quote:
"He worked very well this morning and settled into Churchill very nicely," Asmussen said. "I was very pleased with the work; he goes over the racetrack really well. I'm obviously excited about our opportunity. "He's a tremendous individual as far as conformation, pedigree-wise. He has got a great attitude—just the whole package. He accepts what he's doing and is very energetic as far as training. He has always been very effortless over the racetrack, like his work this morning. He goes around there in a minute and does it very kindly.

"In the Derby, (with) 20 runners, I don't think they're going to all love the surface. We don't have to worry about that."

Quote:
Asmussen, who won the April 16 Arkansas Derby (gr. I) with WinStar Farm's Creator, is on the ballot for election to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. Asked if he thought about it much, the trainer said: "I'd rather win the Derby. It's a wonderful honor, but right now our focus is definitely the Derby and the Oaks. I've been dreaming about (winning the Derby) for a long time, before I ever won a race. I feel extremely fortunate to have two excellent chances at it this year."
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)