Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 04:54 PM   #9
Poindexter

Just to clarify, last year they went with a low takeout double and pick 3 (10 percent). This year it is back to rip off pricing on those pools and they have decided to use the pick six and the last race super hi 5 as their low percentage takeout pools. Not sure this is really a win for the horse player. Just feeding that trend of only giving good pricing on low percentage type bets. It just drives horse players away from the high churn bets that this sport was built on. Personally, I like a 8 percent takeout traditional pick six. But if you want to try to drive volume into your venue, an 8 percent wps pool with penny breakage will do it. It also would enable the laymen to lose reasonable amounts and/or become a winning player in that pool. If I was picking the pools that I wanted to give a fair shake in I would go with the wps pool at 8 percent and the pick 6 pool as they are but bring the minimum down to 20 cents. The pick six opportunity makes people handicap 6 races and a low takeout enables them to churn and grind.the lower minimum gives the smaller player a reasonable chance to hit them.

Last edited by Poindexter; 03-26-2024 at 04:55 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)