Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 10:24 PM   #11
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
you can bring in food and drink in clear bags and containers. no booze allowed anymore and they are kinda strict in examining things for booze (my binocular flask was confiscated last year). the food inside in all overpriced, crappy served by miserable people. the bathrooms are gross and will be needed if you food. the light rail/bus shuttle is like $3 and picks up from all over the place. the light rail portion works well but the bus sucks. they keep moving the pickup and drop off around which makes for a shorter walk but you sit in traffic on a hot crowded bus FOREVER. why they moved the pickup/dropoff from the backside area is beyond me...its the shortest distance back to the highway...total stupidity.

make your bets early...no pa system so all you hear is bass from the infield all day...the jumbotrons are usually barely seeable.....

is what it is...hardly a "jewel" of the triple crown
Sounds like you have a terrible time, but continue to show up year after year
There's over 120,000 people there...how easy do you expect it to be when you enter and leave the premises?
You don't need to make your bets early if you know where to bet (ground floor in the grandstand using the SAM machines on the back side of all the windows with live tellers), and there is a PA system, but a huge loud crowd tends to drown it out.
And...at the height of action on Preakness day I know of a public bathroom in the grandstand that's a breeze to get in and out of...LITERALLY NO WAIT AT ALL....the ladies room is an entirely different story though.

You can bring your own food on Preakness day also, and avoid the long lines for racetrack fare.
I've been every year since 1999 and have a fantastic time...every time.
If you can get there Friday for Black Eyed Susan Day you may love it more than Preakness Day..it's great.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)