Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #23
speculus
Zapoorzaa!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Schmidt
this is a money management system, not some super secret handicapping factor.
A "super secret handicapping factor" in fact may not be as precious. We all know the best horse does not always win, and there are N number of reasons, most of them beyond a handicapper's control most of the times. But a money management system ALWAYS produces what it promises, and if a "super money management system" (if there is one) holds the promise of doing the incredible, all I said was it requires further investigation.

Just because, technically, handicapping comes before money management DOES NOT MEAN it is MORE important. This is an erroneous veiw for which many a fine handicapper has paid a heavy price, many still do.

Quote:
If you want help, post the exact details of the system and let those who have the ability analyze it and report back.
Whatever gave you the impression I want "help" to "analyze"? I never said I lack the "ability to analyze", and need help in that department. And I am sure no sane person who has glanced at my posts (at PA or DRF) can doubt it. Where did you read it? I simply asked if anyone out here can either give or direct me to the mathematical proof that proves that a negative edge cannot be converted into positive ROI, or are we believing it simply as SELF-EVIDENT.

Quote:
It isn't gong to hurt your returns at all and might well help them. That is, unless you plan to offer your "amazing, loss into profit miracle money management system" for sale later on.
In the three years since I first uploaded my "Formula for accurate finishing timing upto 1/100th of a second" on the DRF forum, hundreds of handicappers from all over the world have thanked me for making available, FREE, what has turned out to be an amazing tool for their handicapping process. I consider their sincere gratitude a sufficient payment for my work. However, if this money management formula really turns out to be an amazing system, I don't understand why would anyone resent if I choose to "reserve my option of making commercial use of it"?

Personally, my thinking on the subject is very clear. At present, I value Dave's HMI as one of the most practical tools for managing bankroll, so unless I am convinced it is a better tool than HMI in most or all respects, I would not even toy with the idea of selling it commercially.

Quote:
There is always free cheese in a mouse trap.
This remark I think is in bad taste. I will be happy if you retract it.

www.DynamicHandicapping.com/

Last edited by speculus; 01-04-2007 at 01:41 AM.
speculus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)