Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 06:35 AM   #6741
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk
I can write off the trendy and chic love affair with Eastern mysticism by Westerners, so unhindered by reason, logic and metaphysics just as easily as my Christianity, held by many a scripture scholar, is written off. I'm able to see that the rejection of authority ought to extend to my authorities admonishing me in obscure off topic forums, also. I can grasp that it's nothing more than an hermeneutic of suspicion that suggests the true Christ was suppressed in a game of arm wrestle which the Gnostics lost, who then went underground until rescued by relatively contemporary saviors of divine consciousness.

In reading your past performances, when Paul signaled for a left turn at the corner of Phrygia and Galatia (Acts 16:6), allegory or no it was a bane for the West, but I shall remain thankful. I may have stated it before, but "that's what makes a horse race."
Buddhism, Taoism and Hindu philosophy in many cases are older than Abrahamic philosophy, and only "trendy" in your popularized understanding. In many cases these older teachings do provide in your own terms "competing polemics" But just because you think they are in opposition, doesn't mean they are. Nor are they only "chic" or fashionable or trendy. Which you use in a silly attempt to devalue other "opposing myths" and other religions

Sorry you buy into the exclusivity of
Quote:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
You have severely limited your horizons.
You use spirit as a dirty word. Jesus's exclusivity derives from what I think is a poorly understood interpretation

A more inclusive view was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church itself during the 1960s. They may have believed that the only fully true religion is their own particular branch of Christianity, but that it was still possible for some non-Christians to be saved and attain Heaven even though they have never heard of Yeshua or have never heard of Christianity.

C.S. Lewis:
Quote:
"Though all salvation is through Jesus, we need not conclude that He cannot save those who have not explicitly accepted Him in this life."
"We do know that no [one] can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him.
Jews and Muslims obviously reject this exclusivity.

When Jesus claimed he was the only way, he was speaking mostly in the context of the inner spiritual journey, warning against adhering blindly to Jewish law which had had become only a shell, of what was once.

The choice is always between the spiritual, and only the rules. Almost like a comic book on "Law" versus the deeper understanding of the Supreme Court.

The "map" had become and was confused literally for "the territory"

...The map–territory relation describes the relationship between an object and a representation of that object, as in the relation between a geographical territory and a map of it.

Last edited by hcap; 06-18-2018 at 06:42 AM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)