Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #25
jdhanover

Absolutely Pondman!

If your goal is to 'leech' off the others in the group, expect to not stay in the group. If you don't contribute you will get cut out (as in any group in any walk of life)

But if you can find the right group (thanks to Dave who formed our group I have - with Helles and 2 others) who share similar GOALS but have DIFFERENT/COMPLIMENTARY skills then, with a bit of luck that personalities click, you really can see how the power of the group pushes you way, way beyond where you'd be on your own.

In our case, not only has the handicapping/wagering strategy been pushed much faster than I could have imagined, it has helped avoid a number of blind alleys. And we have had more than a few laughs along the way.

Also not a bad way to make friends either.

One thing to note - you do NOT need to comingle funds in the group. Some folks might think that that is what these groups are. They could be I guess, but by no means is that the going in proposition.

Finally - are we winning? Can't say we are yet though recent weeks look promising so we might be now (need longer time period to prove it out). But have definitely seen improvement from when we started.
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)