Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 03:03 PM   #83
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I had good luck with bot Grainger and MC.
We had a local Grainger that would deliver within the hour if it was in stock. And they took me out to lunch frequently!

If you want to pimp Grainger you should give specifics. What did you commonly buy and did you require any technical assistance? I do believe the locations are not created equal, that could be by design or it could depend on the branch manager. The Grainger location nearest me in the Capitol of the Confederacy doesn't stock crap. I am tempted to peak in the warehouse. I have a feeling there is a basketball and tennis court in there. Looks like the Grainger in Irvine Ca. I worked at is no longer in existence.

I don't go to machinist forums much any more as the one I was a long time member of was bought by a liberal run marketing company and they allowed lying greenies to run roughshod. Most people complained about Grainger and praised McMaster Carr. In fact I only recall one McMaster complaint, a guy complained about the size of the boxes saying he was paying to ship packing paper. That was back when McMaster passed on their shipping discounts, now in the Biden era they stopped doing that, I noticed their freight charges have went up quite a bit.

Obviously limiting the box sizes makes loading trucks quicker and more efficient. I just re-gifted the extra shipping supplies. At the Santa Fe Springs Ca location I used to will call at I would walk by the dumpster and snag a few boxes full of shipping paper. Everything they packed was ready to ship, even if will called, on will calls the only thing different was the shipping label. No one ever said anything about my dumpster diving.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)