Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
I was raised as a Catholic and as such went to church all through my formative years. My wife and I raised our 3 sons the same way. As things happened, she passed away, the boys moved on and so forth. I no longer attend church, somewhat from laziness, but mainly because I believe it proves nothing. What I try to do and I feel I have succeeded is to be kind to others in my everyday life. I speak and act politely regardless at times how difficult that may be. I help where I can and give thanks for my blessings, i.e. 3 fine boys and 6 grandchildren, a wonderful 30 years of marriage, a great mom and good friends.

So, does the fact that I have little use for an organized religion condemn me to a life in hell ? I hope not.

I'm interested in how many others do not attend services regularly and still feel good about their status in God's eyes.
I don't think you will go to hell. But I don't think you will go to heaven right away. That doesn't apply just to you. It applies to me and to 99% of the people on earth. I do not believe in Hell. I do not believe in Purgatory as a place where we are punished for our sins.

I do believe there is a process where we are allowed and encouraged to see where we have erred and how to correct those errors. That process may involve returning to a physical life. It may involve education in the spiritual world. It may involve a combination.

As far as going to church regularly, I don't think it matters to God if we go to church or not. But, it matters to us. Church brings a sense of community and fellowship. Prayer is intensified when it is shared. It is focused. God answers shared prayers more readily because they are stronger, but, more importantly, because shared prayer shows that we care about others.

» Advertisement