Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 11:39 PM   #54
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
It ruined the DC International, did a number on the Canadian International, and changed the NY Fall Turf Stakes schedule, all races that had a history of drawing some very good Euros. I don't disagree that it has encouraged a lot more Euros, particularly milers like Miesque and others, but it's overall impact on Euro routers coming to the US, as well as damaging the racing landscape in that division, was pretty negative. However, I'm sure it's far from the only reason for that.

You could also argue it has mitigated some top horses meeting during the year.
Yeah it definitely did a number on the October Grade Ones.

I go back and forth on the top horses meeting during the year. I use Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta. They wanted to race Rachel against the boys and they did it three times. On the other hand you can't convince me Zenyatta would have ever raced against males without there being a Classic.

I'll sum it up this way. You can add up all the great moments the fall Grade Ones have given us and combined they don't equal what the Breeders Cup has given us.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)