Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #10
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG1
I actually don't like this match up.

Uncle Mo's success with his first crop of two year olds was legendary. But where are his two year olds this year? And where have all his top two year olds of last year been over the past few months? Doesn't that have to give you pause about 1) how Uncle Mo's mature from 2 to 3 to 4 (considering Uncle Mo's own career), and 2) was Uncle Mo's first crop just incredibly lucky?

If I'm Spendthrift, why take the risk with Beholder's first baby?

If the plan is to sell the foal at auction, it'll be a yearling in 2019. By then we'll have a much better idea about Uncle Mo as a stallion, and I don't see him being as popular then as he is right now. Plus, the market will be absolutely flooded with Uncle Mo babies.

If the plan is to race the foal, why not choose a more established stallion? Spendthrift even stands Malibu Moon. Why not wait a year to get a better idea of where Uncle Mo really stands as a stallion? He'll still be around next year.
It interests me that they chose a sire who's void of Mr Prospector and I believe Storm Cat in his pedigree .
I'm sure a lot of planning went into who would be her first cover and Mo has certainly shown he can sire stakes winners and first time out winners .
He also had a few who have done quite nicely on grass .
Got to see him with some of the boys here at a JCGC get together so I'm
Super excited for him ! His recovery from illness makes it that much better too .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.