Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:27 AM   #18
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
to the pen racing illuminati,

it is your long time tolerance of ridiculous and common sense defying statistics and situations that leave our track, players, horsemen, and hell; now even our beautiful turf course open to ridiculous attacks like this thread. it is YOUR apathy that destroyed any reputation that pen had or could have developed in the slots era. i'm viewed as a "bad guy" through your rose-colored glasses but in truth I've defended our "shithole" as much as if not more than I've "attacked" it. it is just tired though.

---proximity

As the poster who referred to Penn National as a "shithole" I, of course, meant no offense toward you or any fan/patron of the venue. But...it is what it is. When was the last time ANYTHING positive was reported from this racetrack??? Anything at all. There is no need to attempt to rehash all of the negative that has been reported over the decades.

Case in point...Last Thursday, 10/4/18, I watched the 7th race from PEN while watching and wagering on Remington Park. As the two dueling leaders were approaching the finish in this sprint, they bumped once...then right before the wire the inside horse seriously bumped the outside horse. Inside horse wins by a nose. There was no inquiry. After about 2 minutes it is announced that there has been "a rider's claim of foul" against the winner. It took a hell of a lot less time to announce there would no change to the order of finish than it did to announce the jockey's objection. If the Stewards were viewing the finish of the race during that time it took to announce the objection, why wasn't the inquiry posted? It is a matter of opinion whether or not there should have been a change...but it is not a matter of opinion that the racing product there is conducted half-assed. It is impossible for EVERYBODY involved in conducting the racing there to be that clueless...so, doesn't it make it pretty much intentional?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)