Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #53
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I doubt that's an accurate portrayal of what's going on, but there are obviously some wealthy people that want to continue to move in the direction of a more globalist world and others that prefer the greater freedom of nation states.
My point is that discussion of the so-called Deep State is problematic because everyone has a different idea of what that means...

..I think that the image posted is what a very large portion of the so-called “conspiracy theorists” believe comprises the Deep State..

..Do you think that this is what Donald Trump means when he intimates that the Deep State is trying to undermine his presidency...? If you had to graph the Deep State, what would your Deep State look like...?

That is all I am asking for here...and that some agreement can be reached regarding what a Deep State actually is...otherwise talking about it is futile, and in fact, as in the recent case of Turkey, the nebulous idea of the Deep State can be flipped around and used by authoritarians against their detractors at will...

Trump, after all, seems to believe that Rosenstein may be a part of that nefarious Deep State that is trying to undermine him...this type of rhetoric is very much like Orwell described in 1984, with his depiction of the rouge followers of EMMANUEL GOLDSTEIN...http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--ims7stNEN...0793-1-402.jpg

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-24-2018 at 04:22 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)