Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:49 PM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
This is the free site I play on...sign up and I will play you a game or two...https://lichess.org/

You can even chat while you play...great site always can find a game fast...
Lichess is awesome. Some really good players hang out there. Humbles me repeadly.

My wife and I hold classes for beginners to intermediate players around the metroplex five evenings a week. Brings in a nice side income. Summer camps and tournaments (3 x per year) it starts to add up. Lot of work but if you're patient with children it's fun and rewarding. As soon as our kids get over 850 or so, we urge the parents to get personal instruction from UTDallas students / players.

If instruction is of interest to anyone here, go for it. We use Think like A King (program) and it's perfect for kids. Somewhat costly at first, but pays for itself quickly if you have access to a recreation center. If your kids learn and have fun, their parents will be the best advertisement possible. Parents are begging us to hold classes in Plano, MCKinney, Frisco, we just can't do it. We're booked solid every night of the week in suburbs with high concentration of Asian Indians (Asians and Hispanics as well... These cultures are so deep into chess it's amazing. You have to know how to motivate kids while keeping it fun)

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-19-2018 at 10:53 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)