Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #979
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Today's stories had Delaware going ahead of NJ. I don't think this is really a big deal it's not like you have a big first-mover advantage. Monmouth has received plenty of publicity.

I have heard that Monmouth was targeting Memorial Day to take ceremonial wagers from politicians and others involved in the fray. I sent a note to Drazin this morning suggesting that taking ceremonial bets on that day to generate publicity would be in bad taste (at best) and potentially lead to negative publicity (at worst) unless the named charities are Veterans-related.
The story yesterday on nj.com had Murphy saying we need to take our time with this and do it right. Now the professional sports leagues are saying NJ won’t be able to police the betting but I guess Sweeney knows more about this then anyone as he got Murphy to agree with him on the possible date a first bet will be taken at MP. Too bad Christie isn’t still in office sw betting would be up and running by now!

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)