Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:17 PM   #15
Nitro

Some valid points have been raised but as usual only a few have addressed the issue of when and when not to play more than 1 horse in a race. (And BTW being profitable has absolutely nothing to do with whatever the take-out % might be.)

The key to successfully using an approach that involves betting 2 or 3 horses to win in a race simply requires the following:

1) Only play those tracks where the handles are large. This more often than not reduces the late money impact on the Win pool odds fluctuation.

2) Only play races with large fields. Unless the odds are sufficient, use only 2 entries with 8 or 9 entries and up to 3 in fields of 10 or more.

3) Establish your actual Hit frequency %. Once this is known only play a race when profit margin % meets or exceeds your Hit frequency %.

4) Use a quick and accurate method of determining the potential profit margin %. A Dutching calculator comes in very handy.

5) Try to establish a play (or not) by 3 mins to post.

I’m sure many are now quibbling about these basic rules because in general, racing in the U.S. will certainly limit the number of possible plays. That’s why I prefer to play the racing in Hong Kong. There’s never an issue when conforming to rules 1 and 2.

As a side note concerning the betting of more than 1 entry to win in a race, I have a good friend who only plays certain big races during year. Each year for the KY Derby he picks only 5 big long shots from the field and puts $50 to win on each one. Since I’ve known him he’s done pretty well.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)