Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 01:31 PM   #115
Mikym

So…even though I haven’t posted for a year now, I do feel the need to chime in.

This year, my year has gone pretty much the same way last year did. Really well in the beginning of the year, really not well second half of the year. Not sure why.

Matt brings up some excellent points…one of which does seem to stop me from reaching my full potential with VC which is his rules comment. I’m in finance…so I’m kind of a rules guy. It is very hard for me to ignore my rules. I’m getting better and I still have a few that just seem to make sense to me, but I have cut those way down.

Another good point Matt made which may have gotten missed was how people just starting out with VC seem to do really well. That was certainly the case for me. It’s almost like that saying that says a little knowledge can be dangerous. As I learned more, the harder the game seemed to get.

I don’t actually play a lot of races. Recently, I downloaded 5 tracks, and made three bets (all losses by the way.). I think one of the things I like about VC is that - at least for me - it has a built in discipline which stops me from betting too many races.

I have learned a lot from Matt (and all of you actually.) I can honestly say that after using VC for two years now, that while I will certainly not be able to buy a new car or take a great vacation from my winnings, I have never fallen below my initial deposit in my account…which seems like a win to me anyway. But I sure wish I was better so I could buy that car!
Mikym is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)