Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 11:31 AM   #108
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover View Post
Been forever since I posted on here. I bought VC about a year ago. So first question one would ask is are you profitable? Nope but not because of the software - waaaaay too many ‘action’ bets.
But starting to get more selective and utilizing exotics better. Profitable the past two months which is nice…not saying I’ve turned the corner but do think I’m betting smarter
Starting to get a hang of where the software works better/worse. It will struggle in maiden races with FTS but that’s cool cuz that’s the one spot I’ve done well for a while with PP handicapping
Back to the betting change. Only making exotic bets that can payoff well vs swinging in most races. Still not as selective as Matt nor Michael but moreso than I was. And Keeneland was very, very good for me. Big fields helped.

FYI I used HSH for a number of years. It’s very good too just didn’t fit my handicapping style as I found it’s looking more for value in short-priced horses whereas VC is geared towards price horses.

Both Michael and Dave are helpful as are people who use each. And dare I say I’ve made a couple of friends in each community which is a nice add.

There are people who are profitable using each of these programs but I’m guessing most aren’t. That takes a ton of discipline IMO. I don’t have that yet … in part because I also play for ‘fun

The change of late is that I’m still playing a fair number of races but limiting the bets to where the payoffs are solid. With a few less races and slightly better betting strategy I think I’ll be on to something. We shall see.

If you are thinking about either of these or any other expensive package just know that there is no ‘turnkey’ solution. They are tools. You need to be the carpenter and hone your craft.
Thanks Jon for chiming in, for those of you who dont know, Jon is an excellent handicapper and it has been a pleasure meeting him and getting to learn from him and discuss races. We often have live valuecapping sessions via MS TEAMS on the weekends.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement