Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #54
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I understand everything you are saying.

What I think is happening is that the typical VERY BAD long shot player is actually losing LESS now than he used to because years ago he used to take 20-1 on some hopeless horse that should be 80-1 in all pools. Now they are 40-1 or 50-1 because the teams make the pools more efficient (looks at the Derby for example of how it used to be).

On the flip side, people like us used to be able to find some live horse at 8-1 and now he’s 6-1 because of them. Maybe there was some 2-1 shot I would play in the past and now he’s 8/5.

In the grand scheme of things there were always terrible players that lost their shirts, but now it’s harder to be good enough to beat the game because the pools are more efficient.
Bingo! Add this to the fact that there is a huge market of recreational advantage gamblers now that are ripe for conversion and you can see how foolish racing is to continue with this plan that does not and cannot work.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)