Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #39
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Every rider just about carrys one in the morning. But they’re really not using it to raise up and slash the horse. That’s the problem with people crying about the whipping. Tapping the horse or better yet flagging the horse where it’s held in front of its nose in their vision are the cues they use. No animal should be whipped hard or flogged but the crop is definitely part of racing and anyone that doesn’t believe that the horses themselves have a competitive spirit …… well, that’s just ridiculous. I can see someone being called to the carpet for repetitive, raising and slashing but much of this stuff is just bull shit. Now, with all the problems the game has made……. For its self. Here comes the government and concessions. Which you could see the warning signs for years. The response was all talk and excuses for ever. So, reap what you sow.

The harness track is down the street they pretty much have real whips. You have to or it won’t reach the horse. They hit them but not many times or they’ll crack it so the horse hears it. But the best move is when we say “tickle him home” the guy barely hits the horse. It’s just a way to tell them . This is it, give you’re last bit to get home . What’s next ? Mental abuse therapy for hoses? And if this ever affects the pay out of a race . Like people are suggesting. What a cluster fck this will be. As if the owners are lined up now to enter horses. You really gotta wonder ….. not just about this game. But the world we are becoming. Bow, for I am Big Brother. There’s always going to be bad people in any business or in this world. That’s just reality. But overwhelmingly most of these people care about their horses well being. Racing never learned to properly clamp down on bad actors and at times looked the other way . Welcome to the US Blues .,,,
The HISA crop rules will NEVER impact the pari-mutuel payouts for a race. The rules in the HISA handbook, which I've read cover to cover, several times, make it clear that regardless of the severity of the riding drop violation placings for payoffs WILL NOT be changed.

During the first few weeks the Stewards in Ohio mistakenly took a horse down from a pari-mutuel placing. The following Thursday that matter was discussed on a Nationwide HISA Stewards zoom call and the rule clarified so that could never happen again.

As with anything new there will be growing pains and misunderstanding. HISA has admitted that some of the rules were written in an unclear fashion.

After consulting with boots on the ground Stewards at tracks around the country. Many of those rules have been modified and improved.

I've heard HISA is considering hiring a Chief Steward, not unlike Darrell McHargue in Ca, to serve as a liaison between HISA and the tracks Stewards to ensure proper implementation of the rules.

Recently HISA has started taking applications from anyone who wishes to be a member of a new Horseman's Advisory Board. horsemenadvisory@hisaus.org is the email address should anyone be interested in being included.

I would expect having a few horse PLAYERS would be strongly considered and beneficial to this board. I submitted an application myself and urge some of you, ANDY ASARO, THE LITTLE GUY, DILANESP et al to consider asking for inclusion.

Here's the BOTTOM LINE about HISA. Like it or not. It was enacted by CONGRESS. Meaning it's NOT going away.

It is 100% the future of our game.

IMO there are many positives to the new rules. The biggest and best being when fully up and running the rules IN ALL STATES will be the same. I think you'd be hard pressed to find even one horseman who doesn't think that's a good thing.

There are many other new protocols that I believe can be beneficial to our sport.

Let's try to be open minded and try to make the best of what we all have to work with. Is it perfect? No of course not. Are there some changes to be made. Yes of course. But as I just said. HISA IS THE FUTURE!!

Let's try to make the best of it.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)