Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #30
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I know it's bad handicapping to put to much stock into one race, but the jim d was not a fast pace. Early Voting should have pulled away from those dogs. I'm going to buy the standard trainer excuse that he doesn't like the track.
I haven't been the biggest Early Voting fan.

I think you can make a reasonable case that speed was better than average and the rail was the best path Wood Memorial day but he still got caught by Mo Donegal (although MD did close from far out up the rail).

I think you can make a reasonable case that Pimlico was carrying speed types well Preakness day and may have helped carry him to that big figure.

The Jim Dandy track condition wasn't what I would call "biased" but imo it was more testing than average and certainly more testing than for either of the efforts that gave him his reputation.

What he has going for him tomorrow is that he'll probably be loose again and maybe the track will be a little kinder to him and he'll be a bit fitter. We'll have plenty of races to watch before the Travers. I'm most curious as to how he's going to get bet.

» Advertisement