Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 10:19 AM   #105
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No. Wasn't MY argument. Someone here claimed he tried to kill someone, as if that were some kind of known fact.

If he tried to kill someone, I would have to assume he would have been charged with attempted murder...not obstruction of breathing.

People use chokeholds all the time in an attempt to subdue someone...not to kill them.

But it's the internet...I get it...
To put it in layman's language, he's being accused of choking her, which is a very serious offense. But PA is totally right that if the prosecutors actually thought he was trying to kill her, rather than just assaulting her, they would have charged attempted murder. TBC, they may still be gathering facts, and it's always possible to see an increased charge. But as of the time they drafted the charging document, they did not think the evidence supported an attempted murder charge. And that's important.

So it's not helpful to say things like "he tried to kill her". Even accepting the charges as true (and he is, to be clear, innocent until proven guilty), they don't say that. They say he choked her. Men shouldn't use that kind of violence on their intimate partners or former intimate partners. It's a serious offense. But it's not attempted murder.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)