Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: EQUIBASE
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 08:37 AM   #8
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
Hard to believe they don’t use a cloud based internet service (like AWS) in 2022
When you're dealing with a lot of downloading and uploading from cloud services you're paying for what comes out of there, it can be extremely costly vs on-prem so I can see where running in on-prem datacenter(s) for Equibase and related probably makes better financial sense. The problem with on-prem is making sure to have redundant systems designed so if one datacenter is down and just running on UPS then you have a way to fail over to another datacenter. VMware site recovery for example and/or Veeam, things like that. That's the other part of it is the infrastructure, the UPS the other software / hardware, redundant SAN storage etc is all expensive. I'm in the business of this stuff at my day job so things like VMware replication etc the challenges are known to me. It's definitely not the easiest thing.

Last edited by MJC922; 07-07-2022 at 08:38 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)