Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 10:59 PM   #4
PIC6SIX

Cool

Not my biggest but my most rewarding in a personal sense due to years of futility with trying to conquer the P-6. I used to go to Saratoga every summer for my vacation then on to Atlantic City and the Jersey shore for recreation. One year I asked my friend and fellow handicapper Ray to join me at the Spa. Over the years we played many P-6 tickets jointly but never hit. There was a 172K P-6 carryover going into the Saturday card. I needed to be at work on Monday back in Cleveland so we decided to drive to Mountaineer Friday night and play our ticket at MTN on Saturday. Ray drove and I handicapped then I drove and Ray handicapped. Ray only had $46 in his pocket after a rough day at the windows. However, our ticket totaled $92 so we both contributed $46. With 8 minutes to post Ray asks if I want to change the ticket. I said, "No we always lose so why change anything". Well that day we finally conquered the P-6 curse. We cashed for $27,000 and both of us felt like we were flying in the clouds. I cannot describe the feeling. The ensuing years though have not been all sun and roses. Have ONE MAJOR bad beat dated March 5, 2010 that still haunts me today.
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)