Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #758
Canarsie

[QUOTE=onefast99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
The NJ racetracks are now owned privately did you miss that? The NJSEA hasnothingto do with MP or the Meadowlands or Freehold or AC. There are many investors willing to take a shot at the sports wagering platform being approved even if it is down the road. Risk=Reward
You know far more than me on what the management side of sw is shooting at so I have a few questions.

If there are so many investors how come the name William Hill comes up more than any others? Even so it isn't mentioned with regularity where once could assume that they are the chief risktaker.

Maybe I'm naive but why isn't Betfair ever mentioned? Once again this is an assumption but I can't imagine they are going to lay down and hand it to WH without a fight. I'm sure they both have powerful lobbyists but my hunch is Betfair is used to getting things done quicker than WH.

I understand if you can't answer any/part of the questions due to privacy and other things.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)