Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 04:55 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
It is very relevant. Big cities- in fact-all cities, get much of their funding from the state. If the state doesn’t support education, social programs, job creation and rehabilitation programs, the city is powerless to support these things as effectively as they would wish.

Why don’t we take a look at the murder rate by state?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cide_rate#List

Here we see that 8 of the top 10 STATES by murder rate are deeply red states. I’m sure that you are going to argue those numbers are influenced by the large Democratic cities in those states. My response is there are large cities in blue states. Yet, only two states, Illinois and Maryland make it into the top ten-at eight and nine.

This says cities aren't getting a big chunk of state money:

https://www.gfoa.org/revenue-dashboard-cities

Education, social programs, job creation and rehabilitation programs will do little to someone who grows up in gang infested areas and buys into the gang culture. I have a hood rat nephew who actually had decent parents and was never around gangs, he got into drugs and his ginger freckled faced dumb ass
started listening to gangsta rap and adopted the lifestyle. He had a rather long juvenile rap sheet he was proud of, then did 9 years in the state pen.
He doesn't need any education, social programs, or rehabilitation, he needs to be incarcerated or dead. There are people that can't be fixed.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)