Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
over the past 35 years, scientists have accused Prof Wadhams and others of "crying wolf" and harming the message of climate change through "dramatic", "incorrect" and "confusing" predictions.
This is exactly what I have been saying.

I accept the idea that the climate is probably warming and CO2 is a contributing factor. What I don't accept is that scientist models are accurate enough to make projections of the future with any degree of certainty. They are still learning how all the factors interrelate. They also cannot determine whether a warmer earth will be a net positive or negative over the long haul. Change isn't always bad (except when liberals are doing it in Washington ).

I also think the biggest problem they have had in selling the idea that we should move to cleaner energy is having leftist nitwits, entertainers, and Al Gore running around screaming "the sky is falling". When the sky does not fall, your entire message will fall on deaf ears - including the parts you are right about.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)