Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #30
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Del Mar is a different experience then Toga and I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two like a lot of folks do. Del Mar for sure has a much better racing product especially the quality of horses....quantity this meet so far as well. The ship and win program works very well for them. The jockey colony at Del Mar IMO is actually better because they have a deeper bench so to speak. Toga’ usually shares the wins amongst 6 jocks and the rest clean up the scraps here and there. I do like the team of track handicappers and racing analysts at Toga’ especially Maggie Wolfendale and Andy Serling. That’s right I said AS. I like them all but these two stand out considerably. The amount of insight these two provide is golden and not many are within reach at Del Mar. The other thing that Saratoga has is an enormous amount of character something that Del Mar is lacking. Don’t get me wrong Del Mar is a beautiful piece of property but it lacks the relaxed feeling one would get at Toga’. Gulfstream Park is my favorite track for other reasons but Saratoga is by far my second favorite. I love Saratoga.
Ank any fan and anyone in the Thoroughbred industry...On this continent Saratoga is THE preeminent race meeting of the year.
Owners ship in from all over the country with one goal in mind...A winners circle photo with their horse.
Saratoga gets the best trainers and best riders. Riders from other circuits will move their tack every summer to ride in Upstate NY.
I'm not blowing sunshine at you. There are a few horsemen who post here. Ask them. BTW, Del Mar today(8/6) number of starters per race. 9.2 Pretty good.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)