Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #28
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Jimmy, you can't be serious. EVERY football game has phantom pass-interference calls--and twice that in mystery holding calls.

But to wait until the most crucial, pivotal moment in a game of that magnitude--to make that call, a call up to that point 99.9% of fans had never witnessed it called. Or even knew it existed.

They still call Pass interference and crucial holding calls---but they can't call the asnine Tuck rule--they quietly dropped it from the rulebook that off-season.

Have a good day

-NCG

To me it is pretty obvious the phantom and or questionable calls are more prevalent than ever due to the fact the interpretation of the rules is so subjective and they seem to change that interpretation yearly. I played in HS and College back in the 70's when the interpretation of the rules were pretty well defined and infractions were easier to spot. There were not a lot of gray areas where you could get away with bending the rules.

If you showed video back in that day of an offensive lineman and defensive lineman engaging and then ask "Did the offensive lineman hold?" Even on a secret ballot with no discussion the 1978 referees would probably always be almost unanimous on the opinion. Do the same thing with 2018 referees and I bet you would get lots of 75-25, and 60-40 splits.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)