Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 11:54 PM   #280
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekk View Post
The standard critique was that I should raise the flop to "see where I stand". But:

- it's a 4-way flop and I should be way ahead...I don't want to be scaring anyone into folding just yet...I want to play 3-way for stacks here
- best scenario is if both of them hold an ace...then I'm 80-20 favorite
- only turn and river I'm considering mucking is if an ace shows
- My God, I HAVE to be in good shape on this flop!
- button with aces would be an IDIOT to raise if I bet the flop, so seeing where I stand is meaningless

Other remark, I should fold to the river jam because "you can only beat a bluff". But:

- there's more full houses that I'm beating, and only one hand that beats me.
- any ace has a full house, probably trying to scoop the pot if I have the other one

I would have bet the river as described even if an ace appeared. Probably would have folded to the jam, tho.

Stacks? I had 70 BB's; Hijack had 40, Button had 61.

Yeah, I agree with your last statement. Easier to fold in a conversation than in real life! Unfortunately, Pokerstars doesn't have a bad beat jackpot; that would have salved the wound a bit!

Thanks to you and Thask for the input.

Mike
Mike, do yourself a favor. Avoid any further advice from those who told you that you should have raised the flop to "see where you stand". The guy with the pocket aces would never have revealed the strength of his hand to you that early...so your flop raise wouldn't have gotten the desired result. And the idea of folding to the river jam is too ridiculous to comment on. Your demise was unavoidable in that hand...no matter what anyone else tells you.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)