Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #11
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...handicapping without fractional times and length-behind information is the equivalent of the "dark ages" of the handicapping era.

I congratulate you on your success while wagering on these foreign racing jurisdictions, but I wouldn't bet even a thin dime without the detailed past performances that I've gotten used to in this country. The abbreviated PPs that are now available for foreign racing aren't even on par with the sketchy PPs that we had in this country 50 years ago...and I want no part of that sort of game. My hat goes off to guys like you and Nitro, for managing to beat that type of game...but it clearly isn't for me.
there is a zillion places to ge that sort of info in australia, you just need to know from where.
the below link is handy spot although i don't know how up to date it is

http://www.trackdata.com.au/

personally, i would not bet australia, because imo it's as corrupt as.

lengths behind winner should go the way of the dodo because it's worthless(certainly in aust. anyway)
that is a function of time, so your margin depends on the conversion factor used.
one joint will use .16s per length, another might use .17 and yet another might use .15.
thus the margin WILL depend on the conversion factor used, and in my country it's all over the shop.
imo if you are using margins.....then YOU are still in the 'dark ages'.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)