Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #236
proximity

losing makes you a leper....

ok poker fans after a stellar vacation we returned for two games at penn national where we dragged a total of one pot, and not a very big one when queen high takes it down.

our next game finds us back at the beautiful horseshoe baltimore in 3/6 limit company. will we win a hand? let's find out.

we start with AQs and see a flop of A 7 5.

villain: 77.

raise big ace, flop ace, lose.

happens pretty much every game now.

finally 80 minutes into the action we river a straight with two rags from the big blind to pick up our first pot. and since the villains here don't like to fold much it's enough to put us ahead $5.

but the lead won't last.

Ad5d sees a beautiful flop of A 5 7d and a promising turn of 8d.

but the river blanks out and the villain tables 64 (big blind) for a turned straight.

finally with KK i get to three bet preflop and hold on until the river where 98 off (called 2 cold from early-middle) hits a straight.

one win, a chop, and another $100 loss.

my friend the lion texts me about the game and starts trying to convince me that "no limit" is the answer to all my problems. of course since he's winning 80% (+) of his games this is like rhys hoskins trying to tell me to take up professional baseball.

what would've happened if the game was no limit?

*777 isn't going anywhere vs AQ.

*with the A5 i bet 2/3 of the pot and the straight draw calls and hits.

*i could PROBABLY drive out 98 with kk..... IF I HAD ANY MONEY LEFT BY THAT POINT.

no use talking about the game with a friend. because when you're losing you have no friends.

it's all your fault.

it has to be.

no one wants to catch your disease.

game -100 (3/6)
year -2201 (47-53)
bonus 0 (695)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement