View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 12:56 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Jason,

It's all about taste. LOL
I hated Gems - not sure we even finished it.

Hustle is like Costner's Draft Day but with lots of real action as opposed to board room moves and trades.

all that praise i give Gems, and I probably couldn't watch it again. I could (and have a few times) have it on in the background while I watch replays, but not glued into classic scenes.

Now, I could watch Glengarry Glen Ross almost start to finish line-for-line, and not get one trip horse.

when I was 12 I would flock to Hustle for the b-ball element. "Hoop Dreams" is a solid documentary, but it was a heavenly gift to me.
Here I am 43 with a degenerative issue and I'm not helping some Croatian team win an extra playoff series, or assistant-coaching a division two women's team to some historic season. I'm not taking some fringe tall AAU(that's where they play now instead of the city parks outdoors) player into division-2 scholarship contributing player...
I'm sitting here 'hustling' the ponies and waiting to get healthy enough to do my spacing demonstration (loosely based on monkey-in-the-middle) on how a ballhandler can manipulate an opponnts defender, at a small youth center.

lol so any Disneyesque probably depress me, but there's a chance Sandler has some manic desperation moments that I relate to.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)