Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 08:47 PM   #9
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
While we're spit-balling I'll throw my hat into the ring and say the people who had $200 per month in throwaway money probably don't have it anymore with the price of everything going up. I know for me personally I'm paying $200 more per month at the pump, plus the cost of food went up substantially and it wasn't cheap before. I put $50 to win on the Belmont, couldn't stay out of that at 5-2. On the other side of the spectrum you have the people with plenty of money who are probably looking to finally travel again. I think that plays into gains that probably weren't sustainable angle. Priorities may have shifted temporarily. A lot of people will be back eventually if wages can catch up with inflation. 2% raises and 8% inflation, not a rosy outlook atm.
There are people( probably most) on here who actually believe Saratoga’s attendance and on track wagering won’t be down this year. Inflation is a recipe for disaster and history has already shown us what the outcome will be. Hopefully for everyone’s sake it’s as minimal as possible but to think there will be zero impact from the economy is preposterous.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)