Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Flightline
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 07:08 PM   #189
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Life Is Good last year, no? Wouldn't he have likely won either of the other two? The sprint I'd say 99.9%, the Classic maybe 85%. We see what he did to Knicks Go in the Donn.
The goal with Life Is Good was to stretch him out eventually. He probably would have won the Sprint and made more money, but I'm not sure it made much sense long term since the targets were the Pegasus and Dubai World Cup. They must have felt going from the Kelso at 8F to the Classic at 10F was too much too soon. So did the Dirt Mile and then stretched out 1 furlong at a time. The Kelso to the Classic move didn't work so well for Pletcher with Uncle Mo when they tried to stretch him out and face tougher in the Classic. Maybe that influenced him? Someone that knows him could always ask.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised they are going from 8F to 10F with Flightline. That's a pretty aggressive move for a lightly raced horse that has had issues. I am looking forward to it.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-29-2022 at 07:10 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)