Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Golden Pal
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #26
classhandicapper

I realize he missed the break badly and rushed up, but IMO, Golden Pal's performance yesterday was poor. It was a 5F race. He was done very early. I don't care how badly you miss the break and rush up, if you are the best horse you are supposed to last longer than he did and not finish as poorly. IMO, he's had 2 subpar races over there now in an otherwise magnificent turf sprint career in the US.

Intuitively, I have a tough time thinking it's the straight course. In the US, I'm more used to horses not handling turns well. Maybe some horses handle turns so well relative to average it gives them an advantage they don't have on straights (something our Euro friends would know better), but I don't think that's the case with Golden Pal. I think it's more likely he doesn't like to ship or doesn't handle the course itself well depending on the track condition.

Plus, US turf sprinters are getting better, but in general it's probably the weakest division. The US might have some advantages at 2 that don't translate as well as horses mature and the Euros begin to catch up. The training is different.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-15-2022 at 06:47 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)