Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #49
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If anything goes wrong...if anything tanks...we'll just blame it on Obama...like when anything went wrong during Obama's run, you blamed Bush.

We learn well.
Trump clearly inherited an economy that was in massively more debt in actual dollars and relative to GDP than before Obama took office.

He also inherited a stock market that was very high relative to all standard metrics of value due to all the easy money from the Fed under Obama.

So he was set up perfectly for an economic and market debacle under his presidency that democrats could blame on him even though the root of the problem came before him.

The funny thing is that imo virtually every policy he has undertaken so far (especially tax cuts and decreased regulation) has increased the value of American business (and stocks) and will also help GDP growth. So he's at least making an effort to short circuit the economic disaster I've been worried about for awhile. I still think there are going to be issues because of all the debt and slowly rising interest rates, but I'm less sure about the timing now. If he's done anything wrong it has been not slowing the growth of government spending to offset the tax cuts. If he could somehow do that, I'd actually start becoming a huge fan despite all his personalty quirks and issues.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most