Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
trying2win

CALDER RACECOURSE RAISING TAKEOUTS

I just fired an email off to CALDER RACECOURSE and told them what I thought of them raising takeouts on certain types of bets: Here is the email I sent:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

~"The REAL BOSS is the customer. They pay for your salary and everything you own. If you don't please him or her, they will take their business elsewhere."
--Earl Nightingale

Hello:

I just read the MIAMI HERALD article about CALDER RACECOURSE raising the takeouts on PICK 3, 4, 5 bets, and the EXACTA AND DAILY DOUBLE bets. This seems like insanity to me. This article has already been posted at some horse racing discussion group sites and your racetrack is already being vilified by many bettors for this action.
Do you think most of us bettors are stupid? Do you think most of us bettors are degenerates as well, and will bet any track regardless of the amount of the takeouts?.....WRONG! Mark my words...this action of raising of takeouts will backfire on your racetrack big time, and I predict a big drop in parimutuel handle. I for one, because of the raising of takeouts, WILL NOT BE BETTING AT CALDER. Before I go, just remember the words of the mother of FORREST GUMP (from the movie)..."STUPID IS...AS STUPID DOES!"

Thank you,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay....who else at this PACE ADVANTAGE site is going to not just TALK THE TALK, but WALK THE TALK and send off an email to CALDER RACECOURSE and tell them what you think of them raising takeouts? We all read about the 'POWER OF RACETRACK MANAGEMENT and the 'POWER OF HORSEMEN". Don't you think it's time to show the 'POWER OF HORSE PLAYERS" and say something on this issue of raising takeouts, by speaking out with your words and your wallets?

Time to stop making excuses like "sending one email won't make a difference"....NONSENSE! Just think what a whole bunch of bettors sending their opinions to CALDER RACECOURSE could possibly do? Just might get the CALDER executives' attention if enough bettors complain.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now....here's the link to the contact page at CALDER RACECOURSE :

http://www.calderracecourse.com/about/contact_us.html

~"Persons of mediocre accomplishments are quick to explain why they
HAVEN'T, why they DON'T, why they CAN'T and why they AREN'T."

--David J. Schwartz Ph.D. (by the way, this is not DAVE SCHWARTZ of HORSESTREET HANDICAPPING SOFTWARE fame)

Last edited by trying2win; 04-22-2008 at 05:02 PM.
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)