Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 01:07 AM   #8
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I love how opinion show hosts commenting on what the President of the USA and his minions have stated counts as "making up lies"

How can any news organization be liable for reporting and/or commenting on what POTUS, his staff, his employees, his lawyers, his whatever...say in public about another company?

Even if they believe it's true and state that belief. Even if they privately believe it's false but publicly state that they BELIEVE IT TO BE TRUE...what does any of this matter?

I thought we had freedom of speech and freedom of the press?

Now the press can't report or comment on what POTUS says or thinks or any one of his lawyers says or thinks? They can't say whether or not they think the allegations are true?

How exactly did this case get this far again?

Someone please explain. And try to do so objectively...that would help.

I know the usual folks will come back with Tucker blah or Maria blah or whatever other personality on there blah blah blah...and not really answer the question, so this is basically a waste of my time...but I'm gonna try one more time.
Maybe Fox's lawyers know the meaning of DEFAMATION and you don't.

Fox conceded. No trial, no Judge. What part of "concede" makes you believe it was a judges fault? Nobody twisted Fox's hand. They could have went to trial. You think Fox's lawyers are stupider than you to shell out $787.5 Million like pocket change?

An opinion is not presented as fact. It's scope is limited to the one person who says it.

But Fox presented the Dominion voting machines switching votes to Biden from Trump as facts. It's scope is to millions of voters.

And its egregious and malicious when you don't have the facts to back up your claim.

As far as freedom of speech, you can't yell fire in a crowded theater. And you can't accuse a company of subverting a presidential election as an "opinion".
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)