Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: NHC/NTRA 2022
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 11:02 AM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
We'll wait and see what the NTRA will announce tomorrow morning....This is not a "minor" infraction.

Glad they disqualified him, and glad they are enforcing the rules of the contest. A lot of players enter and dream into that contest and it is a big deal.

The overreaction part was in regards to some of the social media stuff that I've seen attacking his livelihood and his character. I get that horseplayers are a frank and unforgiving lot (there's probably not a jockey or trainer who's job hasn't been called out in remark). I also get that content providers depend on drumming up the most reactions and engagements.

I feel like Kinchen tried to do too much here. I'm not a contest player or expert. I am also not a Kinchen expert, nor do I have inside information on this mistake. From what I've read it seems like a clear-cut 'DQ', but I don't think of the guy as some really dumb, really criminal person who got 'caught' trying to put over a robbery while (I think he was 'working' the Pegasus as part of the coverage, I didn't watch the coverage through Fox/Network TV) attending the big event in Florida.

Also not a disagreement to Vic, whom I noticed had replied just before I commented on the new page. I actually back Vic 100% here. It is ironic/BS that they gave him crap over the situation a few years ago, and then tried to overstep the rules here today. AFAIK Vic was 100% right about that situation then, and I think I supported him that day. Seems like team-Kinchen was as committed and paranoid about the letter of the rule at different points, but now that the situation presented itself felt free to play the other side of the coin. Just happened to reply following Vic, and my reply is geared toward Kinchen's livelihood and general character, not towards the Vic controversy, or towards this DQ.

It's fair to ask whether it would do the sport better to promote some of the big names with an attendance allowance. Doesn't make this rule violation any less if they move in that direction. Also may be a terrible idea that cheapens the integrity of one of the things that players still enter albeit a long shot, they at least expect a somewhat fair deal. The integrity of the contest seems to be an ongoing issue.

Congrats to the actual winner David Harrison. He deserves at least a line on this atrocity of a blog post

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)