Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #39
usfgeology

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
It could be but all I know is Gulfstream has abandoned it's turf racing because the turf was not safe and trainers were complaining about it. Their turf course was also Bermuda. Like you said maybe local climate thing but I believe Bermuda is native to Florida. I noticed that the NYRA tracks always have pristine looking grass as does Santa Anita , Keeneland and up here at Woodbine. Tampa also has a beautiful turf course although when they ran a few days there this summer it was getting torn up pretty good. I don't know why Churchill wouldn't use the formula NYRA or these other tracks with really nice turf courses have.
The 2 day Tampa summer meet marks the last day of the previous meet and the start of the next. I’m sure it’s a legal thing so they can claim they race 365 days a year. That meet is also 75% turf races so they wear it out quick in 48 hours. The NOV-MAY portion of the meet the turf stays great except when we get too much rain. Not sure what GP’s issue is.
usfgeology is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)