Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 09:37 PM   #22
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqitec View Post
In my personal handicapping software, I've developed a tool to eliminate running lines I wish to ignore. See the Before and After images below from excerpts from one of my analytics screens.

Upon starting to handicap a race, all pacelines are checked. Then I selectively uncheck those I wish to ignore. That whites-out the data for those races except for race dates.

The pacelines which remain checked are then used consistently throughout the race for all other analytics such as pace or speed ratings. That cannot include the BRIS PPR as others have mentioned, but I've developed alternative speed rating analytics which are based upon only the pace lines which have been checked.

This is accomplished using the conditional formatting tool built into the FilemakerPro database software I've used to develop my handicapping application. FilemakerPro is natively cross platform (Win, Mac & Linux, IOS) so I don't need any emulation software to utilize my application on any of these platforms.
This looks super useful and is pretty much what I have in mind. Thank you!
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)