Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #17
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
My two cents:
Gold star for this one—and TLG a tough act to follow. Thanks!

Could be the most fruitful thread I've ever started. I really appreciate all the responses.

I did indeed spring for a reserved clubhouse seat. It cost me, but didn't want to skimp on a long day trip to a big event, and one seat was a reasonable splurge. But I was still nervous about parking and network connectivity.

Cellular and WiFi outlook is better than I expected, but I'll get a terminal voucher card as a backup on site. I don't see a way to link a NYRA Bets account to the terminals. I was kind of hoping NYRA Bets had some preferential treatment of its app over the WiFi, but that wasn't my experience at Belmont Stakes 2018.

I'll try to get my core bets for the day in early, and just make tweaks between races. So I can take the place in. I can hustle the tote screen at home.

Sounds like parking won't be a nightmare, which is also a relief. I'll either find something near the Nelson Ave. Gate or downtown depending on when I arrive, and walk around town if I get settled early enough.

A stroll through Congress Park sounds appealing. A trip to the Hall of Fame probably too sharp. Reason to return—and convince the family to come with.

Definitely looking forward to the chowder, koozied beer "value" by the paddock, and maybe a breakfast sandwich to kick things off. Man, I can't wait!

Thanks again.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)