Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #19
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I think you have to know something about the soil to say a track is harder than another surface just because it is fast. Turf Paradise has a very unusual mix of clay and sand that you probably dont see anywhere else in America.

I would venture that the biggest issue is if you dont run the horses you might as well retire the unsound ones since you cant really justify long periods of time off for the type of returns you are going to get at that track.

I have no sympathy for TuP, the owner and management have not done any horseplayer in AZ favors over the past 20 years.

With the weather here and the demographics racing should thrive here. Hell the indians are cleaning up.
If really cheap horses are putting up really fast times like they've done at Turf Paradise for 40 years, doesn't the surface HAVE to be hard (and therefore less forgiving and more likely to lead to breakdowns)? I've never heard of slow horses putting up really fast times on a soft, forgiving fast track. I don't see any other explanation.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)